Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the 2013/14 academic session in the underlisted programmes leading to the award of Post Graduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of Babcock University.
General Admission Requirement
A graduate from a recognized University or a person with qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree may be admitted.
A Candidate with a first degree from a recognized University with a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted. A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University or with a professional certification in addition to first degree or HND may also be admitted to a Masters Degree programme.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Degree
A candidate with a good Masters Degree – not less than 60% average from a recognized University, may be admitted.
Minimum Duration of Courses
Three or four semesters for the Masters Degree (e.g. MPH = 4 semesters). M.Phil.: four semesters after the completion of the Masters Degree. Ph.D. six to eight semesters depending on the module
Methods of Application
Application forms can be obtained online from the Postgraduate Admission link our website: www.babcockuni.edu.ng/ by:
1. Download and print the Application Form in PDF format, fill it and return the hardcopy with the required documents and a non-refundable application fee of N10,000 in bank draft drawn on the name BABCOCK UNIVERSITY from any of the following banks: Wema Bank, UBA, GT Bank, Oceanic Bank, First Bank, Intercontinental Bank and Zenith Bank. At the back of the draft fill the candidate’s names and choice of programme.
2. Completed Application forms should be accompanied with photocopies of:
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND Certificate
- Master’s Degree Certificate for candidates proposing to pursue M.Phil and Ph.D.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate for Nigerian Candidates
- Marriage Certificate or Evidence of Change of Name(s) where applicable
- 2 recent passport-size photographs
3. Candidates should ensure that their academic transcripts are sent to the School of Postgraduate Studies from their former Universities. While
provisional admission can be granted on the basis of certificates, no application is fully returned without the full transcripts of previous academic
engagement; and this is the responsibility of the candidate. Application forms duly completed should be addressed and be sent by courier services or
by hand to:
School of Postgraduate Studies
Babcock University, Ilishan – Remo,
There will be Screening Exercise which will be communicated through SMS alert at the appropriate time.
- For further information, please contact 08039758659 or 07055777774
- Our official calling hours are: Sunday – Thursday at 9am – 5pm; and Friday 9am – 1pm. Please no calls should be made on Saturdays.
- Visit our Postgraduate program page on our website
Ayorinde P. Oduroye
Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
Details can be found at http://www.babcockuni.edu.ng/main/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=282:general-admission-requirements&catid=83:postgraduate-programs&Itemid=125