UPDATE: UNILAG PG form sales has been extended. It is now closing by Monday, July 8th.
of Lagos, Akoka has began the sale of postgraduate form for the 2019/2020 academic session into various postgraduate programmes.
Postgraduate Forms for higher degree at Postgraduate diploma (PGD), Master and PhD into all faculties of the university are available for purchase. Prospective postgraduate applicants can decide for full time or part time programme.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS PGD & M.Sc.
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
1. Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
2. A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
3. In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
1. (i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
2. Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
(ii) Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
(iii) All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying.
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(ii) A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
(iii) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
(iv) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
UNILAG Postgraduate Application Procedure.
1. Postgraduate application forms are available online after payment. Visit UNILAG Postgraduate Portal to confirm the availability of desired course and specializations http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2019/2020 Applications link;
2. Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
3. Proceed to make payment of the sum at any commercial Bank (remita TSA) or through internet banking. UNILAG PG form cost ₦22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) and there can be bank charges.
4. . After payment, proceed to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the 2019/2020 Application link, then “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password.
5. Completly fill the post graduate application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels.
6. Thoroughly cross check the filled form, then submit.
NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTSA ₦1,000 CHARGE)
7. Print out UNILAG Postgraduate exam pass.
Other Information for Postgraduate Admission.
1. Deadline for sales of post graduate forms is Sunday, 6th June, 2019. All forms must be submitted online by 23rd June, 2019
2. Send all Academic Transcripts to Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. University of Lagos. Akoka. Yaba. Lagos
It must before the beginning of registration.
3. Statement of Result is not acceptable to Postgraduate Admission.
See list of Postgraduate course here.
For any other questions, drop it in the comments.