ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES IN THE 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
The Postgraduate school at University of Ilorin is seeking applications from suitably qualified prospective postgraduate students. Postgraduate admission on offer leading to the award of degrees at
- Postgraduate diploma
General University of Ilorin Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- All Certificates shall be available for presentation, including National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate OR Exemption Certificate should be presented on or before September 30th, 2019.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate Diplomas and Master degree Programmes will be subjected to a written assessment (qualifying examination), irrespective of the class of degree obtained, except applicants from the University of Ilorin with a First Class and Second Class, Upper Division (Honours).
- PhD admission is available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Eng.; M.Sc.; LL.M; M.Comm.H.; and M.P.H degrees, with a minimum of 60% or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score in their Master degree programmes.
- A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 72 calendar months for part-time candidates. Relevant Courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates who score between 55.00 and 59.99 percent can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme.
- The M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates.
- Mphil/PhD runs for a minimum period of 12 calendar months and a maximum period of 24 calendar months and a Dissertation is produced after the research work.
- Candidatesin this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. candidature, following a progress assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration. To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. program, candidates are expected to score not less than 60% (aggregate) at the end of the first session.
- Masters degrees run for a minimum period of 18 calendar months and a maximum period of 36 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 36 calendar months and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for part-time candidates.
For Postgraduate Diploma
- Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree.
- Applicants are to note that programmes automatically lapse at the expiration of the prescribed maximum duration for each programme. However, a candidate may apply for an extension of not more than 12 months, in the first instance, subject to a maximum of two such extensions.
For courses of offer, see UNILORIN Postgraduate course list.
- Begin the by filling applicants bio data here
- Application form cost 25,000 naira or $200 for international applicants.
- Application Forms are to be completed on-line and will close on Saturday, 29th June, 2019. Note that the latest date for receipt of supporting documents is Wednesday, 31st July 2019.
UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission Entrance Examination Schedule.
A three-hour qualifying examination for all applicants seeking admissions into Master and Postgraduate Degree programmes, will hold on Saturday, 6th July, 2019, at 8.30 a.m. prompt at the following venues:
- FACULTY OF ARTS NEW LECTURE THEATRE:- For candidate seeking admission into Faculty of Arts.
- FACULTY OF ARTS LECTURE HALL AND FACULTIES OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES LECTURE THEATRES:- For candidates seeking admissions into Faculties of Management Sciences and Social Sciences.
- FACULTY OF EDUCATION NEW LECTURE THEATRE – For candidates seeking admissions into Faculty of Education.
- LECTURE THEATRE I & II NEW SCIENCE LECTURE THEATRE & ENGINEERING LECTURE THEATRE:- For candidates seeking admissions into the Faculties of Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Physical and Life Science.
- FACULTY OF LAW LECTURE ROOMS AND THEATRE:- For candidates seeking admission into the Faculty.
- FACULTY OF COMMUNICATION AND INFORMATION SCIENCES LECTURE THEATRE:- For candidates seeking admission into the Faculty.
PLEASE NOTE: July 6, 2019 is for Qualifying Examination as there will be no formal letters of invitation to candidates for the Qualifying Examination. This advertisement will serve as the invitation.