Covenant University, Nigeria’s leading university by Times ranking has put on sale her postgraduate forms for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Covenant University seeks suitable qualified candidates to apply for post graduate studentship for either PGD, Masters and PhD degrees.
Covenant University Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Masters Degree Programme:
- Candidates seeking admission to the Masters degree Programme of Covenant University must possess a Bachelor’s degree from Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University, with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant discipline.
- Candidateswith Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered. Minimum duration of study for the award of the Masters degree is two academic sessions for full-time.
Ph.D Degree Programme:
- Candidates seeking admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) degree Programme of Covenant University must possess the Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of Covenant University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Covenant University in the relevant discipline.
- To qualify for direct entry into the Ph.Ddegree programme, a candidate must have a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5.00 scale or equivalent ( 6 0 % ) in the Masters (M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech) degree result.
- Candidates who graduated with CGPA of 3.50–3.99 on a 5.00 point scale or equivalent (55–59%) in the Master’s degree may be considered for M.Phil/Ph.D programme. Covenant University shall award M.Phil degree to M.Phil/Ph.D candidate who fails to meet up with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 upon the completion of coursework examination. Such candidate shall proceed to write a long essay/project and upon successful defence of the project would be awarded an M.Phil degree in the respective discipline. The M.Phil/Ph.D programme is intended to prepare candidates for the Ph.D degree.
- Candidates with professional Master’s degrees are not eligible for the Ph.D programme except they obtained M.Sc degrees in the relevant fields. The minimum duration of study for the award of Ph.D degree is three academic sessions for full-time mode.
Download postgraduate courses on offer here Admission 2019-2020- new
OPPORTUNITIES FOR COVENANT POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
Additional opportunities for Masters Ph D degree students include the following
- Industrial professional experience via our internship programme.
- Covenant University International Excellence Scholarship CUIES positions Details of this scholarship programme could be accessed at the School of Postgraduate Studies website or Covenant University international and linkage office.
- Postgraduate students may benefit from Student exchange programme to conduct their research in laboratories in some partnering foreign Universities with Covenant University.
Application Procedure for Covenant University Postgraduate Admission.
- Log on to http://sps.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/ (the Covenant University School of Postgraduate Studies Website).
- Locate the 2019/2020 postgraduate admissions link, where you would be required to follow the steps outlined below:
- Create a personal account for your Admission process (Note: Do not use the password to your private email)
- After a successful creation of the account, login to the account and complete the online form.
- The payment page is displayed by clicking on the submit button after you have successfully completed the online form.
- The cost of the application form is N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only. Additional transaction charge of N600.00 for bank payment.
- Payment can either be made at these banks (Covenant University Microfinance Bank, and Ecobank).
- Note that a printout containing the pin number and receipt number will be generated after direct payment at the designated banks above
- After successful fee payment, you are expected to upload your passport, after which your application number is displayed.Print your application form.
Additional Information for Covenant University Postgraduate Application
- All applicants shall undergo a screening exercise, involving written and oral tests in the desired programme. A minimum score of 50% in each of the categories is required fora candidate to be considered eligible for admission.
- Candidate’s academic transcript(s) must be received before the final admission could be processed.
- Candidates should write a 500-word statement of intent in the proposed research area.
Prospective candidates should take note of the screening dates for the conduct of the Computer Based Test CBT and Oral Interview as stated below
- Thursday, May 30, 2019.
- Thursday, June 27, 2019.
- Thursday, August 15, 2019.
- Thursday, August 29, 2019.
International candidates who may be applying for any of the programme would have their screening examinations conducted on-line. Such candidates are expected to forward their intention (interest) by email to the Dean, School of Postgraduate Studies on this link: email@example.com to include their Skype ID phone number and time/date of choice.