The school of postgraduate studies at Nnamdi Azikwe University, Akwa has began sale of postgraduate application forms. Nnamdi Azikwe University, also called UNIZIK is a foremost second generation Federal University.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate diploma, Master’s and PhD degree.
UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TCII(Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University Requirements
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold first degree classification with CGPA of 1.51 and above on a 5point scale.
- Candidates from approved Polytechnics or Monotechnics who hold a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use CGPA.
- Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an CGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60%.
See list of courses on offer here
Application Procedure for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission.
- Application form should be completed on-line by logging onto portal.unizik.edu.ng/postgraduate
- Create a new account
- Fill in your email and name.
- Login to see email sent to your box. Click on the link. Youwill be directed to the log in page.
- Enter your username and password and click on “sign in”.
- Follow the instruction on the page following each step as indicated to access the application form.
- Click on Step one on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the ICT Fee (N1, 000).
- Click on Step two on the menu bar on your left to generate and print the (Remita Retrieval Reference) Number for the Application Fee (N10, 000).
- Take the RRR to any bank of your choice for payment of Application Fee and ICT Fee.
- To confirm payment:
- Click on step three. Type the RRR for the ICT Fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”. Again, type in the RRR for the Application fee in the RRR textbox and click on “Confirm”
- Once the confirmation for the two payments is successful, you can proceed to step four to fill your application form
- Click on step four. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form, scanning and attaching the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
- Print the completed Application Form for your personal use. You will require this document in the course of the admission and registration.
- Download and print a copy of the Transcript Request Form. The Transcript Request Form should be sent to your former Institution for your academic transcripts. Any change of name should be indicated in the transcript form.
- Applicants should include the names, phone number and e-mail addresses of three Referees. At least two of the referees must be Academics not lower than the rank of Senior Lecturer.
Further Information about UNIZIK PG Application.
- Unizik postgraduate application form cost N10,000 naira
- Deadline for sales of PG form is 23rd August. All completed forms should be submitted by 26th August.
- Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 24th August, 2019
- PhD applicants in submitting their forms, shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages
- All unizik Postgraduate applicants would sit for a computer based Screening Test from from 4th -6th September, 2019. PhD applicants will in addition to the screening test, undergo Proposal Defence from 4th -6th September, 2019.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.