IOP Teacher Training Scholarships
The Institute of physics, IOP UK in partnership with the Department of Education is inviting applications for Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Physics major) through the Initial Teachers Training (ITT) program.
£26000 of tax-free funding is available for 2021 applicants into Postgraduate Certificate in Education (physics major) and other Teacher training courses.
Timeline for Application
Vacancies are limited. The next deadline to apply is 3 May 2021. Further monthly application deadlines will be announced in due course through to July 2021. Get your application in early!
Eligibility for application to 2021 IOP scholarship
- physics or related degree.
- an excellent academic record, with a first or 2:1 degree (proven or predicted). If you have a 2:2 degree, we will consider your application if you have significant relevant experience or a master’s degree, PhD or recognised equivalent.
- a physics A-level or equivalent (grade C or above) is desirable.
- by September 2021, secure your training place on an eligible university-led, school-centred initial teacher training (SCITT) or school-led (fee-based, non-salaried) physics or physics with maths initial teacher training (ITT) course in England for the 2021-2022 academic year. The training place must have been allocated in accordance with the ITT allocations methodology for the 2021-2022 academic year and must be delivered by an institution accredited by the Department for Education (DfE) as an ITT provider. Additionally, eligible courses lead, upon completion, to a recommendation, on behalf of the trainee, for the award of qualified teacher status (QTS).
- be entitled to support under the Student Finance England criteria
IOP Scholarshipcholarship Benefits
1. interact and network with your fellow scholars via online events
2. Invitation to online workshops where you can learn from experienced physics teachers and network virtually with your peers.
3. Enjoy free IOP membership for your training year
4. Prestige of being an IOP scholar
How to apply for IOP Scholarship
We are looking for two main things in your application:
1. Evidence of your outstanding subject knowledge and
2. Evidence that you are passionate about physics and committed to a career in teaching.
1. Begin your IOP scholarship application by your UK teacher training application. Register at the UCAS website
2. Get all certificates ready for upload in soft copy. For international students, like those from Nigeria and India, with oversees degree, please contact NARIC to arrange for an equivalency certificate that can be uploaded with your application.
3. Prepare for a short online subject knowledge test as part of the application
4. Finally, register on the IOP scholarship application website
For more information on IOP scholarship,
contact us on 020 7470 4959 or firstname.lastname@example.org before you submit your application, and our team will be happy to assist with your query. Visit IOP scholarship information page.