The school of postgraduate studies at Nnamdi Azikiwe University (NAU) commonly called UNIZIK has began the sale of postgraduate admissions forms into various postgraduate programmes offered by the university.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into postgraduate diploma, Masters and PhD programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Highlight of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Postgraduate Admission
1. Postgraduate application form costs 15,000 naira
2. Sale of form ends December 2021
3. Virtual screening and proposal defense (for PhD candidates) between 10th – 14th January, 2022
4. Begin application online at NAU/UNIZIK postgraduate portal
General Requirements and Duration for Nnamdi Azikiwe University Postgraduate Admission
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for any Postgraduate programme must possess a minimum of 5 credits including English Language and any four relevant subjects at one or two sittings from WAEC, NECO, NABTEB or TCII(Faculty of Education only) based on the Departmental/Faculty and General University R equirements
For Masters degree at UNIZIK
Graduates from approved Universities who hold the appropriate degree in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for Universities that do not use FCGPA.
Holders of Postgraduate Diploma from recognized institutions with an FCGPA of 3.50 and above (on a 5 point scale).
Duration for UNIZIK Masters Degree Programmes
Full-Time Masters Degree programmes last for a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters. The part-time programme shall last for a minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAMMES
Graduates from approved universities who hold Masters degree in the proposed field of study with a minimum FCGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale or a minimum of 60% for universities that do not use the FCGPA
Duration for UNIZIK Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programme
Full-Time PhD programmes last for a minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters. The part-Time programme shall last for a minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of fourteen (14) semesters
How to Apply for UNIZIK Postgraduate Admission Form
1. Begin the application on Nnamdi Azikiwe University Postgraduate portal
2. Generate the RRR payment invoice for a cost of 1,000 naira
3. Take the printed invoice to the bank and pay 15,000 naira. Make sure you fill correct information.
4. After payment, wait for 24hours before going to the portal you proceed to fill your application form. Confirm payment on application portal
5. Fill and submit online the completed Application Form. Scan and attach the claimed certificates, including O’level certificates.
6. Fill the correct phone number and email address of three referee of which two must be University lecturers not less than Senior Lecturer position.
7. Download filled form for printing. Also print transcript request form.
Deadline for submission and other information
1. Submission of UNIZIK postgraduate form ends on 7th January 2022
2. Transcripts should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 14th January 2022
3. Applicants will be invited for Screening Test (VIRTUAL) from 10th-14th January 2022 and Proposal Defence (PhD only) on 10th January 2022.
4. PhD applicants in submitting their forms with their names and departments shall upload a proposal of not more than five type-written pages. for the Proposal template. Go to https://unizik.edu.ng/2020-2021-proposal-template/
For further information, visit spgs.unizik.edu.ng contact firstname.lastname@example.org.