The European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics (EMABG) is a 2-year Master course. The program is a response to a sharply increased demand of industry and academia for professionals’ that are skilled in animal breeding and genetics.
Highlights of European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics (EMABG)
1. Application opens October 2021 and ends January 2022
2. Scholarship is co-founded by the Erasmus program of the European Union.
3. Undergraduate degree in animal science or related field.
4. Nigerians and other international students can apply.
The EMABG is for study at two of the top European universities.
1. Georg-August University, UGOE Goettingen, Germany.
2. WUR Wageningen University of Research, Netherlands.
3. University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, BOKU, Vienna
4. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SLU Uppsala
5. Norwegian University of Life Sciences, NMBU Ås
6. APT Paris, France
Requirement of European Master in Animal Breeding and Genetics (EMABG)
1. Bachelor of Science Degree (minimum 180 ECTS) in animal science. An equivalent degree from related fields, such as agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, zoology, botany, microbiology or similar is also accepted, if basics of genetics or animal breeding knowledge is documented in the transcript of records.
2. Proficiency in English with evidence. English Language is proven with any of TOEFL IBT, TOEFL paper based , ACADEMIC IELTS, CAMBRIDGE CAE/C1 or CAMBRIDGE CPE/C2
For applicants who studied in English, a signed statement from the university that the medium of instruction during their complete Bachelor programme was English is needed.
See required documents basic Document Requirements for a Postgraduate Study Abroad
How to Apply for EMABG
1. Begin the application process at
2. Create a profile and fill out the form
3. Upload all relevant documents in a single pdf. Documents required are
– Diploma or degree certificate(s)
– Academic transcript (s)
-. Scanned copy of passport page
-. Curriculum vitae
– English language proficiency
– Letter of motivation
– Two letters of recommendation
1. Note the following conditions:
Applicants who already hold a MSc degree in a similar field of studies, cannot be accepted at Georg-August University Goettingen.
2. Application Deadline: January 15th 2022