Stand to End Rape Initiative (STER) is a youth-led social enterprise advocating against sexual and gender-based violence, providing prevention mechanisms and supporting survivors with psychosocial services.
We seek Research Assistants proficient in working with big data, candidates must be experienced in data visualization and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Description for Research Assistant
- Conducts research activities, under general direction, according to research.
- Conduct literature reviews, collect and analyze data and prepare materials for STER committee review in line with the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor
- Maintains accurate and timely records to include notebooks, records, databases, etc. as needed by the research project.
- Collects data from potential research study participants by conducting interviews, providing questionnaires and tests and/or reviewing and extracting data from health and medical records. Ensures completeness and accuracy of data collected. Compiles, tabulates and/or codes participant data and enters it into the database, Updates database as necessary.
- Follow-ups with research study participants by conducting phone calls and/or face-to-face visits. Provides additional research information, resolves any data inaccuracies and collects samples as appropriate to study.
- Assists with collecting, tracking, reviewing, analyzing and summarizing research data. Creates reports, tables, charts, graphs and/or presentations. Communicates research information to appropriate parties. May assist with writing/preparing portions of grant applications and providing input to scientific papers and publications.
- Completes all documents associated with current local, state, & federal regulatory guidelines, requirements, laws and research protocols.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Research Assistant Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing to a diverse population.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent English.
- Ability to accurately compile and analyze complex data sets and create and update spreadsheets, graphs and presentations based on data.
Steps to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit Curriculum Vitae electronically via email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy indicating the subject line FTV202106/Research Assistant on or before 30th October 2021. Only proposals assessed will be notified. All applications should include a functional email address and mobile number.
N/B: Please clearly indicate your state of residence on your CV.