The 2022/2023 overseas postgraduate scholarship by Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) application has began.
PTDF invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2022/2023 Overseas MSc and PhD scholarships to specific programmes at selected institutions.The scholarship scheme is for univerities in the United Kingdom, Germany, France and Malaysia.
Highlights of 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Scholarship
- Application requires an NIN with verification
- PTDF scholarship is in selected overseas countries and selected courses
- The best masters and PhD candidates from each state Nigeria would be awarded
- Overseas scholarship applicants must possess national identification number NIN
- Candidates who qualify after preliminary stage would be requested to submit academic transcript
- Deadline for 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Scholarship is on the 28th January, 2022
Requirements for 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Scholarship
To apply and qualify to the scholarship, applicant must have these requirements
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- Completion of the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC)
- Possession of 5 O/level credits, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating the reason(s) for the proposed study, its relevance to the industry and its expected impact on national development.
- Applicants must have a National Identity Number (NIN) before applying for the scholarship. Applicants are to note that they will be required to verify their NIN before proceeding with the application (NIMC verification charges apply).
In addition to requirements for masters applicants. These are specific requirements
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- A research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than five pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection
- All lecturers must produce a letter from their Vice Chancellor confirming that they are not in receipt of any other scholarships.
Approved Institutions and Courses for PTDF Overseas Scholarship
About 88 foreign universities or institutions has been selected for the scholarship scheme. The institutions are in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Malaysia.
The names of the universities approved.
How to Apply for 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Scholarship
Before starting the application process online. Prepare scanned copy of the following documents as required.
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and the PINs on the application forms to enable PTDF to view the O’level results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
To begin the application process
- Visit the PTDF scholarship portal
- Create a new application account and verify email. If you have applied for ptdf scholarship previously, login with the previous account
- Select the new application and fill the form appropriately.
- Upload passport photo of the right size
- Upload scanned documents.
Visit Postgraduate Nigeria scholarship page for recent scholarship