The School of Postgraduate Studies at the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) has commenced sale of postgraduate forms.
University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year. The advertisement is for postgraduate admission into courses leading to the award of postgraduate diploma, (PGD), Masters, Mphil or PhD.
Highlights of 2021/2022 UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission
- UNILORIN Postgraduate application form cost 25,000 naira
- Deadlinefor the sale of PG form is 11th February 2022.
- Courses available for UNILORIN postgraduate admission
- All credentials must be available at the point of purchase of postgraduate forms. This includes NYSC discharge or exemption certificate.
- Candidates with second class lower or first class seeking admission into a department other from their previous course of study would write a qualifying exam.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. degree programme shall have obtained a relevant Master degree of this or other recognized University, with an average weighted score of at least 60%
- Short-listed PhD candidates would be required to satisfy the Postgraduate school in the qualifying interviews and assessments by the relevant Department.
- Applicants applying for any of the Full-time programme of the University are expected to present a letter of release from their employers at the point of registration.
Admission Requirements for UNILORIN Postgraduate
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of the University of Ilorin and other recognized universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate in a qualifying examination to be conducted. The least class of Degree for all academic programme applicants is Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division), regardless of the institution where the Bachelor’s degree is obtained. ALL candidates shall apply early for their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Head of Department where the admission is being sought, before the expiration of the stated deadline in (i) above.
- Applicants for the Ph.D. degree programme shall have obtained a relevant Master degree of this or other recognized University, with an average weighted score of at least 60%. Short-listed candidates would be required to satisfy the Postgraduate School in the qualifying interviews and assessments by the relevant Department. Applicants are, therefore, advised to interact with the department to which they have applied. This is to ascertain the date of the interview for the Ph.D. degree programme
How to Apply for 2021/2022 UNILORIN Postgraduate Admission
1. Application form is available online. Fill the postgraduate admission form
2. Pay the application fee of N25, 000.00 only for applicants within Nigeria OR $200.00 only for International applicants.
3. Complete the application form and download relevant forms e.g transcript request.
4. Upload scanned copy of credentials
General Information on UNILORIN Postgraduate Application
- Application forms will close on Friday, 11th February 2022.
- Last date for receipt of supporting documents is Friday, 25th February 2022.
- Finally, advertisement serves as the invitation for the Qualifying Examination which is to be held on Saturday, 5th of March, 2022. All applicants are strongly advised to provide their functional GSM number and e-mail addresses for further information and necessary 12 communication. The University shall not be held responsible for any disappointment occasioned by wrong information on the part of applicants. You are hereby required to be checking your e-mails frequently.