Hungarian Government has an agreement with Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) made in 2007. The
FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship Programme for Masters of Science degree course is offered in English for the 2022–23 academic year.
The scholarship is for a Master’s degree in Food safety and quality engineering at Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Highlight of FAO-Hungarian Masters Scholarship
1. The program is for specific countries. Nigerians are eligible to apply.
2. Scholarship covers cost of application and tuition fees throughout the study period.
3. Candidates below 30 years are given preference.
4. Masters study is in English and begins in September 2022.
5. Application deadline is 28th February, 2022.
Scholarship Cover and Stipends
1. Application and tuition fees.
2. Basic books and notes.
3. Dormitory accommodation
4. Subsistence costs
5. Health insurance.
Eligibility and Criteria for FAO-Hungarian Masters Scholarship
1. Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo1, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
2. Excellent school achievements.
3. English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
4. Letter of Motivation
5. Good health
6. Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
How to Apply for FAO-Hungarian Masters Scholarship
1. Download the scholarship application form
2. Prepare a dossier of the following documents
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All documents must be in English
3. Complete dossier of the documents above should be sent by email to FAO at REU-Scholarship@fao.org
FAO-Hungarian Scholarship Selection Process
Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETE dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating University will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Deadline for Application
Applications should be submitted via email from 15 January to 28 February 2022.
For more information, visit Scholarship advertisement https://www.fao.org/europe/news/detail-news/en/c/1468903/