Postgraduate admission forms for entry into University of Calabar (UNICAL) has been advertised. University of Calabar (UNICAL) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various graduate programmes offered by the institution.
Postgraduate admission would lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Highlights of UNICAL Postgraduate Admission
1. PhD applicants are to submit a 2-paged conception note as part of application.
2. Masters degree applicants should submit a 1-paged conception note along with their application.
3. UNICAL postgraduate admission form cost 25,000 naira.
4. Application for postgraduate admission is done online at University of Calabar website
5. CBT screening test for all Masters degree application. There would be exception for MBA and MPA
Requirements for Admission into UNICAL Postgraduate Programme
1. Candidates are required to have a CGPA of 1.25/5 minimum for PGD, 2.5/4 or 3.0/5 for Masters and 3.0/4 or 3.5/5 for Ph.D Programmes.
2. Candidates with Master’s from recognized universities may credit the relevant courses towards the Ph.D, programme provided the quality of the grade is acceptable to the Postgraduate School.
How to Apply to UNICAL Postgraduate Programme
1. Interested candidates are to first log on to our website: www.unicalonline.edu.ng. You can also click here to download the prospectus for the complete description of available courses.
2. Pay a non-refundable fee of ₦25,000.00 at any Nigerian bank nationwide via E-Transact platform for Postgraduate School application form 2021/2022 academic session.
3. Printout with a unique PIN issued at the bank.
4. With the PIN and phone number, begin the online registration at on www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions
5. Filling of forms. Surnames first, First name next, Middle name last.
There will be no changes made after submission of application forms online. Any change will attract a fee.
6. Completely fill the online postgraduate form for University of Calabar. Print out the Concept Note the typed response.
UNICAL PG CONCEPT NOTE
As part of the application, candidates are expected to submit a CONCEPT NOTE of 2 pages maximum for Ph.D programmes and one (1) page maximum for Master’s programmes.
The concept note will be typed online in a space provided in the form and printed out for submission to the department. The concept note is a MINI SUMMARY OF RESEARCH PROPOSAL highlighting what candidates intend to research on when admitted. It will have to cover the following:
– Statement of the problem
– Relevance of study to self and society
– Aim(s) of the study
– Brief theoretical background
Note: Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms will not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
List of Postgraduate Courses at University of Calabar
Programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees are available in the under-listed Departments.
For details of each programme and specific requirements, click download or visit to www.unicalonlne.edu.ng/programmes-and-degrees
1. Faculty of Agriculture
2. Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
3. Faculty of Arts
4. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
5. Faculty of Biological Sciences
6. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
7. Faculty of Arts And Social Science Education
8. Faculty of Educational Foundations
9. Faculty of Vocational And Science Education
10. Faculty of Environmental Science
11. Faculty of Law
12. Faculty of Management Sciences
13. Faculty of Medical Laboratory Science
14. Faculty of Oceanography
15. Faculty of Physical Sciences
16. Faculty of Social Sciences
17. Institute of Education
18. Institute of Oceanography
19. Institute of Public Policy and Administration
20. National Water Resources Capacity Building Network Centre.
UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Screening and Other Info
1. Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Postgraduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State, ON OR BEFORE THE DEADLINE INDICATED BELOW.
ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ON OR BEFORE THE SCREENING DAY.
2. Postgraduate screening test will be a Computer Based Test as follows:
Part A – Computer based test involving (Use of English Language, Logic, Mathematics, ICT and General Knowledge);
Part B – Oral interview in the respective departments based on subject area/concept note for Ph.D and Master’s candidates.
3. There shall be No oral interview for MBA, MPAS and all PGD programmes.
Mock examination for Computer fluency as stated above.
For any other enquiries about online forms:
08183626190, 08064439182, 07064215158
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com