American University of Nigeria was founded as an emerging world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues and to create solutions that will benefit their community and their country.
To fulfill these lofty goals, we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Vacancy for Senior Technical Officer, Operations Research and Information Systems (Borno State)
About the Position
- Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, the STA Operations Research & Information Systems will be responsible for the design and implementation of operational research to generate evidence, present the result in a way that can be easily understood and ensure its utilization in program design and improvement.
- S/he will also be responsible for catalyzing interest in operation research and implementation science across the three focal states of the ACEBAY project.
- The STA will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party/Director Technical and Director Monitoring & Evaluation.
- The STA will coordinate and facilitate the mobilization of Government of Nigeria, tertiary and research institutions and partners to mobilize resources, develop, and implement research agenda on TB-HIV and other public health issues within Adamawa, Borno and Yobe (BAY) states.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Epidemiology or a related field is required. An MBBS Degree with public health research experience
- At least 6 years’ experience in public health-related research and at least three publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Proficiency in the use of data analytic tools e.g. STATA, SPSS, R-Studio, SAS, NVivo, etc is an added advantage
- Proficiency in the design and implementation of operation research and economic evaluations
- Working technical knowledge and experience in all components of the HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross-cutting areas like HSS, Gender
- Demonstrated skills in the use of technology and other innovations to facilitate data collection, analysis and visualization.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well in a team.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
Technical Skills: Strong experience in HIV-TB and other public health programs, experience in designing, conducting, and reporting research. Ability to translate findings into policy and practice, and strong skills in the drafting manuscripts:
Leadership: Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations. Consistently works within internal processes, procedures and should have strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
Project Management: Strong planning and time management skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences. The candidate is expected to have the ability to problem-solve difficult issues, multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities and strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application for Senior Technical Officer, Operations Research and Information Systems
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
The application should contain the following:
- A cover letter (addressing the candidate’s interest in the job, why he/she is a good fit, and his program-development and administration philosophies)
- Detailed CV including relevant experience.