The School of postgraduate studies, University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) has begun the sale of postgraduate admission forms for the 2023/2024 academic session. University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) is advertising for admission into a postgraduate diploma, Master, MPhil and PhD in various courses.
Highlights of UNIMED Postgraduate Application
1. Postgraduate application form is online.
2. Deadline for submission of the postgraduate form is 20th, August, 2023.
3. Postgraduate applicants from other universities besides UNIMED would sit for an interview/examination or both.
4. Postgraduate admission forms cost 20,000 naira
Available Postgraduate Programmes at the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo
- Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert.) in Health Professions and Biomedical Education (Part-Time, Virtual, minimum of 1 semester and maximum of 3 semesters)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip.) in Health Professions and Biomedical Education (Part-Time, Virtual, minimum of 3 semesters and maximum of 6 semesters)
- Master of Science MSc/PhD Programme in public health, medical sciences, surgical sciences, pathology sciences, basic medical science, biological sciences and dental Sciences e.t.c
Check for a specific list of courses and programmes and admission requirements.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
All programmes in the University require O’ Level Credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to three other credits in relevant subjects. Candidates who are Nigerian citizens shall, in addition, provide the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate.
Master of Science (M.Sc.)
All applicants for admission into the M.Sc. degree programme shall be a graduate of the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) Ondo, or any other approved University recognized by the UNIMED Senate, and with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant discipline. Candidates with Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit) who in addition, possess a Postgraduate diploma (PGD) with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale in a relevant discipline may be considered.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
All applicants for this programme should be:
i. Holders of a Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) degree with a research thesis in any of the areas of specialization stated above.
ii. Holders of a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics with a minimum weighted average of 60%.
iii. Candidates that are not UNIMED graduates may be required to satisfy the Department requirement for admission via an interview/examination or both.
Duration of the Postgraduate Programmes
The Master’s programmes shall be for a minimum period of three (3) academic semesters (18 calendar months) and a maximum of five (5) academic semesters while some others may extend to a minimum of four (4) academic semesters (24 calendar months) and a maximum of six (6) academic semesters while PhD programmes are for a minimum of six (6) academic semesters (36 calendar months) and a maximum of eight (8) academic semesters.
How to Apply for University of Medical Science Postgraduate Admission
1. UNIMED postgraduate application form is online. Begin the application by visiting the UNIMED postgraduate portal
2. Proceed to pay 20,000 via the online payment system with a VISA or MASTER card. Note that VERVE card is not allowed.
3. Write down the payment Transaction ID, it is your password.
4. Print payment receipt.
5. Continue online registration at the postgraduate application login
General Information to Applicants
1. All UNIMED postgraduate applicants should forward three (3) reference letters and a 500-words statement of intent in the proposed research area.
2. Each candidate shall request and ensure that the institution(s) attended the process and forward official academic transcript(s) directly to the Dean, Postgraduate School. Only candidates whose transcripts are received will be considered for admission.
3. The completed forms and all documents should be submitted latest by 20th, August 2023.