The London Academy Business School (LABS) is a training and consulting firm that specialises in developing and delivering specialised seminars and other educational products to both private and public sector organisations.
LABS is recruiting to fill the position of academic program manager. Job location is at Yaba, Lagos.
Role and Responsibilities of Academic Program Manager
- Responsible for providing leadership concerning the management, design, development and delivery of academic university programmes.
- Monitor the recruitment process, admission and induction of students, and enforce policies stipulated in the school and university regulations.
- Ensure that the London Academy uses the best practices with operational procedures regarding quality assurance enhancement and pedagogy.
- As required, liaise and network with colleagues across different departments and externally with appropriate bodies and institutions.
- Responsible for providing academic leadership to colleagues through reviewing educational programmes and liaising with colleagues dealing with data analytics and market insight.
- Oversee marketing campaigns and ensure publicity of the university programmes and that of London Academy Business School will increase student recruitment.
- Work closely with students upon arrival to provide support services, including academic registration, course selection counselling, and advising and/or providing appropriate information on student enquiries.
- Provide ongoing academic monitoring and advice, which includes regularly gathering and updating students’ academic schedules and grades per term and annually to ensure students are progressing according to their assigned study plans.
- Maintain regular communication via email and phone with students in a fast-paced environment that requires prompt replies and a high level of customer service while also developing and maintaining relationships and regular communication with appropriate departments at the partner’s university.
- Perform other duties as required to smooth processes.
Requirements of Academic Program Manager
The successful candidate is expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- Undergraduate Degree, a Master’s Degree in Education or Social Science or a PhD
3-5 years of management and/or teaching experience, certification, and proven work record in academic monitoring, planning, and administration.
- Prior Experience as a Director of Studies or Academic Manager is essential, preferably business and entrepreneurial skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the post-secondary education system in Nigeria, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Experience in leading the delivery of academic programmes physically and within an online learning environment in a Higher Education setting and have technical expertise in online learning platforms such as MS Teams, Canvas, Moodle or Blackboard.
- Client service orientation and excellent customer service skills. Ability to communicate with good judgement, diplomacy, and tact with clients from different cultures and backgrounds.
- High level of interpersonal, organisation, written and verbal communication skills, ability to encourage teamwork and solicit team members’ ideas.
- Strong analytical skills, in developing innovative solutions and paying close attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Office Suite and database experience)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, cope with workload pressure and deadlines and work in a results-based environment.
- Must understand that generating income is paramount for the university and other partners.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Team, Zoom and other online training platforms
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter in PDF format to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Remember that we will begin reviewing resumes as soon as possible.
We want to thank all candidates for their interest in advance, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Due to the number of applicants, interviews will be conducted physically and online via Zoom.
Application is welcome from other African countries and internationally.
Application Deadline 25th July, 2023.