The School of Continuing Education (SCE) at the University of Uyo (UNIUYO) is advertising for postgraduate admission. The 2022/2023 admission for various postgraduate programmes like Postgraduate Diploma, Master, Doctorate, and Professional courses has commenced
Highlights of UNIUYO SCE Admission
1. Application commenced 1st August and closes
2. UNIUYO SCE application form cost 12,000 naira only
3. The postgraduate programmes are for part-time studies
UNIUYO SCE Postgraduate Courses
I. Faculty of Agriculture
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, including:
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management (PGDAEFM)
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development (PGDAERD)
- Environmental Health Management (PGDEHM)
- Wetlands Environmental Management and Conservation (PGDWEMC)
- Aquaculture (PGDA)
- Fisheries (PGDF)
- Aquatic Environmental Management (PGDAEM)
- Food Science and Technology (PGDFST)
- Soil Science (PGDSS)
- Forestry and Wildlife (PGDFW)
- Home Economics (PGDHE)
Crop Science (PGDCS)
Masters Programmes in various Environmental Health Management (MEHM)
II. Faculty of Arts
Postgraduate Diploma options such as:
- Peace and Conflict Studies (PGDPCS)
- Religious and Cultural Studies (PGDRCS)
- Philosophy (PGDP)
- Music Arts
- Theatre Arts
- Non-Violent Communication (PGDNVC)
- Deep Dialogue and Critical Thinking (PGDDCT)
III. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
IV. Faculty of Clinical (College of Health Sciences/Institute for Biomedical Research & Innovation (IBMRI)
Medical Immunology (PGDMI)
V. Faculty of Communication Arts and Media Studies
Mass Communication (PGDMC)
VI. Faculty of Education
Library and Information Science (PGDLIS)
- Educational Management and Planning (M. Ed.)
- Educational Evaluation (M.Ed),
- Educational Psychology (M. Ed.)
VII. Faculty of Engineering
- Safety Engineering (PGDSE)
VIII. Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Building (PGDB)
- Environmental Management (PGDEM)
- Geo-Informatics and Surveying (PGDGS)
- Tourism, Planning, and Management (PGD-TPM)
- Urban and Regional Planning (PGD-URP)
- Environmental Management (MEM)
- Project Management (MPM)
IX. Faculty of Management Sciences
- Business Administration (PGDBA)
- Accounting (PGDA)
- Business Administration (MBA Executive)
X. Faculty of Science
- Botany and Ecological Studies (PGDBES)
- Computer Science (PGDCS)
- Environmental Biology and Public Health Parasitology (PGDEBPHP)
- Health, Safety, Security and Environment (PGDHSSE)
- Microbiology (PGDMB)
- Cyber Security (PGDCS), TETFund Centre of Excellence in Computational Intelligence Research
- Data Sciences (PGDDS).
- Masters in:
- Data Sciences (MDS)
- Cyber Security (MCS), Environmental and Public Health Parasitology (M.Sc)
- Hydrobiology (M.Sc)
XI. Faculty of Social Sciences
- Public Administration (PGDPA)
- International Relations (PGDIR)
- Local Government and Rural Development (PGDLGRD)
- Sociology and Anthropology (PGDS)
- Development Planning (PGDDP)
- Geographic Information System (PGDGIS)
- Environment and Development (PGDED)
- Public Order and Information Management (PGDPOIM)
- Economics (PGDECON)
- Public Order and Information Management (MPOIM)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Development Planning (MDP)
- Geographic Information System (MGIS)
Doctorate Degree Programme
Department of Sociology and Anthropology: Ph.D. in Public Order and Information Management
X. Faculty of Law
Specialized/Professional Masters Degrees in various subjects
Eligibility and Admission Requirements
In addition to meeting the departmental requirements, all UNIUYO postgraduate SCE must
- Submit application forms with transcripts.
- NYSC discharge, Exemption or Exclusion Certificates, except in special circumstances.
- Master’s and Ph.D. applicants shall undergo a Screening Test.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Graduates from UNIUYO or other recognized universities with at least a third-class degree.
Holders of recognized Higher National Diploma with Lower Credit.
Graduates with Third Class in Sociology, Anthropology, or Social Work can apply for Public Order and Information Management.
Masters Degree Programme
Bachelor’s Degree with not lower than Second Class Lower Division in any relevant field.
Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field of study.
Must satisfy the basic UTME requirements.
Ph.D. Degree Programmes
M.Sc. graduates in Public Order and Information Management from UNIUYO or other recognized institutions.
Master’s degree in Social Science, Arts, and Management Sciences with relevant work experience.
How to Apply for UNIUYO SCE Postgraduate Admission Form
- Begin the UNIUYO postgraduate application at UNIUYO e-portals
Select the Admission Forms link.
- Choose the Admission Form Type (Postgraduate Diploma, Masters’ and Doctorate Degree Part-time).
- Enter your phone number, Name, and E-mail address.
Click the MAKE PAYMENT NOW button.
- Generate and pay the postgraduate application form fee of N12,000.00 via the Remita Payment Platform.
- After payment return to the online portal and click on REGISTER LINK to obtain your login credentials
- Note your Login credentials generated. Log in, complete your registration and print out the 2022/2023 application form