The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) specialised institute of Petroleum and Energy Studies. Emerald Energy Institute is inviting applications for admission to is calling for applications for various Master’s and PhD programmes related to the petroleum industry.
Overview of UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Admission
1. Emerald Energy offers a flexible and collaborative with curriculum delivered by local and international expert.
2. Postgraduate diploma, master’s and doctoral applications in Energy Economics, Petroleum and Energy Economics, Petroleum Economics and Policy.
3. Application course fee is N30,000
4. There will be oral interview for selected applicants.
Graduate Programmes by University of Port Harcourt Emerald Energy Institute
The Institute provides an extensive range of graduate programmes including:
- Ph.D. in Petroleum Economics
- Ph.D. in Energy Economics
- M.Sc. in Petroleum Economics and Policy Programme
- M.Sc. in Energy Economics and Policy Programme
- Professional Master’s Programmes (without dissertation) in diverse fields such as Energy Economics, Petroleum Regulation and Policy, and Climate Change, Green Economy and Policy.
- Master of Petroleum Business Management.
- Master of Energy Business Management.
- PGD in Petroleum and Energy Economics
Eligibility and Admission Requirements for UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute
A. For Post Graduate Programme (PGD)
Applicants should possess a good Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields or an HND with a minimum Upper Credit.
PGD Programme: 12 months (Full Time) or 24 months (Part Time).
B. For Master’s Programmes
Minimum of Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in a relevant field. Candidates with at least 3 years’ experience in the energy and petroleum industry possessing a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) may also be considered.
Professional Masters Programmes: Maximum of 24 months.
Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes: 6 quarters (Full Time) or 8 quarters (Modular Intensive Study).
C. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Programmes
Qualification and Experience: Applicants must hold an M.Sc. degree in appropriate majors, with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 and meet all other specified criteria, inclusive of experience in the oil and gas industry for those with lower division degrees.
Ph.D. Programme: Minimum of 12 quarters subsequent to MSc degree.
Application Procedure to UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Admission
1. Application is online through the emerald energy advertisement
2. Register in the online application portal and generate a payment invoice.
3. Proceed to pay a non-refundable application fee of N30,000.
4. Complete the online application forms and upload relevant documents.
Application deadline: 26th November, 2023
For more information
Phone: 08033414905, 09018964817